10 Random and Interesting Rock Music Facts
1. Axl Rose is an anagram for oral sex, and his real name is William Bailey.
2. The Clash’s “Rock The Casbah” was written after the banning of rock music in Iran.
3. The Rolling Stones’ tongue logo design was inspired by the Indian Hindu goddess Kali The Destroyer.
4. Lynyrd Skynyrd got their name from a high school teacher, Leonard Skinner, who suspended students for having long hair.
5. The Doors were the first band ever to advertise a new album on a billboard.
6. Neil Young wrote “Rockin’ In The Free World” after he heard one of the members of Crazy Horse say he liked playing in Europe rather than the Middle East better, because “It’s better to rock in the free world”. The song became sort of an anthem but really refers to the “pride and guilt of being American”.
7. Malcom Young used to play the solos in AC/DC, until one day he told his brother “You do them…cuz they keep busy the hand I use for drinking!”
8. The Sex Pistols were banned almost in every part of the UK, so they started touring under the name SPOT (Sex Pistols On Tour).
9. Eddie Van Halen plays the guitar solo in the middle of Michael Jackson’s “Beat It”.
10. Stevie Ray Vaughan was the guitarist on David Bowie’s “Let’s Dance” album (country meets glam? it turned out just fine)